31//

One month. 
For one month, I have been taking pictures, journaling, and blogging about it.
I can't believe everyone hasn't left yet: my life is so boring haha. :)
TUESDAYS. I think of chemistry automatically. I kind of wish something more pleasant was associated with this day but whatever.
I woke up 7:15 + had breakfast + had science class with e + e.
Picked up Sarah from bio + took her to math class. I also drive a lot on Tuesdays. That's kind of nice?
Homework.
Then chemistry class. Today we laughed a lot - more than usual. My class is crazy. I guess its not as much the CLASS that I dread but the homework. The people are awesome . :)
More homework + then the park with some great friends of ours. What is this weather?
Dinner + cleaning.
Then I skyped my dear, dear friend from GA that I knew in preschool. We are still amazing friends and I love chatting with her whenever both of our carazy schedules allow.

and THEN. God answered a prayer. You see, this one needs background information.
Five years ago, I was in 8th grade. I entered into an online writing course called Write from the Heart. (BTW best thing ever. I love it so much. I have met some of my best friends through it. But I digress.)
Every year, you are required to enter a piece of your writing into Scholastic as part of a competition. It's a pretty big deal. At least in my mind it is. Ha.
So for FOUR YEARS. I tried to win something. I entered every year, a piece of my writing and every year I never got an email saying I had won something.

So at the beginning of senior year, I asked God if he could give me one win if it was His will. I was fully prepared for whatever He had, but I worked hard, edited my paper like no tomorrow + kept praying.
Tonight I got the email saying that I had won a Silver Key in the Scholastic competition.
I cried.
It just shows how much God cares for the little things. He hears EVERY prayer no matter how "small." He had a plan for those four years I never won anything. He taught me patience and contentment. Even if I hadn't won this year, I would have still come out of it learning something. God is good. No matter what.

Anyway. Yeah. Life story. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment